Acceptable Use Policy
This policy covers acceptable use both by video broadcasters and by viewers (typically submitting questions / chatting). Live shows are hard to monitor, so we rely on you to help us enforce acceptable usage.
Don't abuse the site. Every new feature on ShowCaster involves a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible and millions of users respect that trust, so please be one of them.
We Review Content Flagged As Inappropriate
Don't Cross the LineHere are some common-sense rules that will help you steer clear of trouble:
- ShowCaster is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your content, don't broadcast it with ShowCaster. In addition, please be advised that we work closely with law enforcement.
- Don't broadcast shows such as animal abuse, drug abuse or bomb making.
- Graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your show shows someone getting hurt, attacked or humiliated, don't broadcast it.
- Respect copyright. Only broadcast content that you made or that you are authorised to use. Don't use content in your shows to which someone else owns the copyright, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programmes or videos made by other users, without the requisite authorisations.
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But we do not permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status and sexual orientation/gender identity).
- There is zero tolerance of predatory behaviour, stalking, threats, harassment, invading privacy or the revealing of other members' personal information. Anyone caught doing these things may be permanently banned from ShowCaster.
- Everyone hates spam. Do not create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. It's not OK to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content.